Requirements for diving:
Diving basically is not a competitive sport, but rather a kind of under water stroll. There are no limits as to the age and the required health certificate you can get from your doctor.
The following is being tested:
- Ears: ear canal, eardrumm
- Nose and paranasal sinus, cervical area
- Cardiovascular system: puls, blood pressure
- Teeth: bad filling, caries
Fruthermore you should...
- be at least 10 years old when attending a diving course.
- have an average health condition. Tell your doctor about your intention and ask him to do the healt certificate test.
- feel comfortable in the water and be at least an average swimmer. Are you able to swimm 4 lengths of a swimmingpool (50m one length) without any stops?
- have, as an advantage, experience in use of fins, snorkels and diving masks.